8/25/2013

Q&A

Have you been to university and if so where & what did you study?
Currently I'm still in college in Ghent (Belgium) and my course is Graphic Design. 

What's your biggest dream at the moment? 
That would be having my diploma, find a job that I love to do and be succesful. 

Where do you get your inspiration from (style, music, books, etc.)?
Inspiration just in general? My school is just an overdosis of inspiration. It has opened my eyes in so many new ways. Sometimes I like to visit an art book shop and check out some interesting books. I don't have a specific inspiration source. Just everyday life, people, friends, family, places, nightlife, internet... 

How tall are you? Also, what kind of make-up do you use in your daily life?
I'm 5 feet 2 or 1m57- 1m58. I don't use make-up everyday, but when I do I use a bit of concealer, bb-cream, curl my lashes and apply some mascara and I'm ready. Sometimes I also like to wear some lipstick!

How old are you?
I'm twenty years old and turning 21 within 2 months!

Do you know other fashion bloggers in Belgium?
Not that much, but here are a few that I love to check out regularly: Ghentstreetstyle & Style for Guys

How do you make your headers? And your photos are always beautifully light, is that natural light or how do you edit them?
For the header it is pretty simple. I've just cut some letters out and scanned them in. For the photos I use natural light and afterwards I edit them a bit on Photoshop.

Hoi Gladys! Yes, eindelijk de kans om iets aan jou te kunnen vragen! Oké, lees je graag boeken? Zoja, welke soort boeken zijn dit? Kan je ook een top 3 geven van je lievelingsboeken?// Hello Gladys, do you like to read books? If so, what kind? Can you give a top 3 of your favourite books?

Yes, I do love to read books. Currently I'm reading a philosophical book and The Great Gatsby! I kinda like to read any kind of genre, except for detective ones. My top three would be 1. Catcher in the Rye 2. Looking for Alaska  and 3. The Kite Runner.

How do you edit your art? Because I tried to post some of my art but the background always looks dirty and yours is always white. Just wanted to know how you did that!
I always edit my art on Photoshop, Indesign or Illustrator and if you save your file, you have to make sure that you save it with the extension .png and not .jpg. It's because .png has transparency.

Ben je ooit al een keer herkend op straat? // Have you ever been recognized on the street?
Ja, ik ben al herkend geweest in mijn stad! Nogal grappig! // Yes, I have been recognized in my hometown! Pretty funny!

Do you have tips for starting your own blog?
The main thing is to have fun with it! And if you're pretty serious with your blog, you have to find a balance between fun and professionalism. You have to find a way to keep your blog updated regularly + be dedicated to your readers! And the main thing is to be yourself! Don't copy others! It's pretty boring if there are two of the same kind.

What are your favorite tv shows? And why do you love them?
I've a weakness for fantasy, like Game of Thrones, and definitely also for Korean Drama. Especially the romantic ones, like Heartstrings and Boys over Flowers. It's so damn funny and cute! For the rest I like Breaking Bad, The L Word, American Dad, Pretty Little Liars, American Horror Story and so many more!



How old is your sister and does she has a blog?
My sister is fifteen years old and she's turning 16 in a few days! She's actually thinking about it and maybe she'll start one. And if not, maybe a youtube channel! I'll let you know!


What are your favourite books and films???
(Favourite books already answered!) My favourite films would be Virgin Suicides, Donny Darko, Se7en, Grave of the Fireflies, Grease, Forrest Gump, The Lord of the Rings (trilogy), Cloud Atlas, Drive, Psycho, Mister Nobody, Meet Joe Black, Shame, Mysterious Skins, Summer Wars, Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle...

Where do you get your lovely jewellery from?? What part of Belgium do you live in and what type of design do you do and what do you like the most?
Mostly I buy my jewellery from the H&M and otherwise Urban Outfitters or I make some myself! I live in Ghent and I'm studying Graphic Design!

What is the most wonderful thing you experience you got from blogging and how do you get your images so big?
The most wonderful thing would be meeting new and interesting people. That's the beauty of blogging!
And how did I get them so big, well I save my images as 'Save for web and devices' (Photoshop) and then I change the width of the images. 



Thank you so much for the questions dear readers! 



Love, Gladys

6 comments:

  1. Bedankt voor het antwoorden Gladys! Echt heel leuk! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    funny pictures and great questions and answers! :)
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post, graphic design must be interesting as a course, I love the creative ones :P And I'd love to follow your sister too (I'm quite close to her age) so let us know if ever she has one and I'd be happy to followxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Joanna! I will definitely let you guys know! :)))) xo

      Delete