5/05/2014

Fresh New Start


gladys doris dave, doris dave
After various outfit posts, moodboards, peace signs and a pile of 'sorry I have loads of work for school or I am a bad blogger' I felt I needed a change. So, I finally made the step and changed/shortened my blog name to 'Doris Dave'. I like the alliteration, the sound and how short it is. And for the ones that don't know why 'Doris Dave', that's my middle name. 

Plus, I've finally managed to update my sidebar, links to send me a lovely mail and to stalk me on other social media platforms. Though I still need to spice up my about me section! Lay-out wise, I've tried to change some things, except my typo (do you like it?), but after a lot of messing around/cursing with the html/css codes I gave up. For a while. Maybe I'll ask some help to someone who knows some coding!

So what do you think? Have you ever changed your blog name? And what were the effects? For me it's definitely a boost to share you more fashion, music and design randomness. And to make it all for realzzz... a new url will make it official! (+ Anyone who has experience with a new url and bloglovin?) I hope you're still with me on this journey and that you are pretty much excited as I am!

Love, Gladys

8 comments:

  1. I like your new name! I've changeer my name once, and it really needed to happen. The first name of my blog was kind of a nickname, u know, like something you use on Twitter. The changed name had a good effect! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *changed. Oh my, autocorrection is so frustrating..

      Delete
    2. Haha, thank you Isabella! Totally understand you! xo

      Delete
  2. Love the new look! I (very belatedly) changed my blog URL on bloglovin' the other week. All you have to do is message bloglovin' support asking to switch, with deets of the new and old URLs and it's complete within hours! x

    Danielle · danielletc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know that it was that simple! Thank you for sharing Danielle! <3

      Delete
  3. I love your blog name, very catchy! and also loving the animated mood board too :) <3
    Are they whistles trousers with the print in the middle? curious..i worked for whistles not too long ago haha!

    Sarah @ Top Notch Foxy
    http://topnotchfoxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoop whoop! Thank you so much Sarah!
      Hahah awesome, yes it's a picture of the print of my new H&M trousers! <3

      Delete
  4. Ik vond je vorige naam leuk, maar dit is ook ergggg leuk!

    ReplyDelete