1/02/2017

Bye bye 2016

Hi lovies, a Happy New Year! I hope you all had a maaagical night with your loved ones, loads of bubbles, booty shakin' and tons of sparkles and love! I've spent my NYE with family first, had a lovely dinner and played boardgames for hours. Afterwards I've met up with some friends and danced our freaking asses off! How was yours?

For my first post this year, I thought to do a little visual recap of 2016. I've assembled some pictures from friends and my external harddrive from 2016. A few highlights of my intense year, especially at school and home, but it has also been a very satisfying and rewarding year to me. 

1. SCHOOL — So after I graduated, I decided to study further and get my masters degree graphic design in fine arts. Because I graduated with a professional degree, I had to follow an extra year before I could start my master (second year and third year of graphic design in one year). It has been very intense. Getting used to another environment, way of thinking and designing. I've worked my ass off and had one of the best years of school. I've never felt so complete and satisfied with what I made. And not only that was a highlight, but the people I've met. Together with Lieselot and Robbert we started this extra year and supported each other till the end. So grateful for calling them my friends. In our second semester we transferred to our third year and met a bunch of new faces. They welcomed us with open arms and made us feel at ease. I've never felt so home at school. Can't wait to graduate all together! Big heart to that bunch of happy peeps! First two pictures from Julie Van Kerckhoven, last from Robbert Liekens

doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
2. TRAVEL — I didn't travel to anywhere exotic or stayed longer than three nights, but did some city travelling. First to Hamburg with my classmates. We've met Stefan Marx an illustrator, had some 'Die Pfefferkörner' moments and had some good lol's! During the summer, I went to Amsterdam for two days with Lisa and Robbert. I bought myself a pair of Ace & Tate glasses, because wearing contact lenses can be boring. (honestly, I'm just lazy, hehe) We had some good burgers, wandered through the cute streets and I scored some good sales at the Weekday. And last was Berlin! Had an amazing trip with Tine, Robbert, Janne and Lukas. Spending all our money on Berlin's Photoautomaten. This reminds me that I still have to edit the Berlin video. Exciting! Pictures by Robbert Liekens

doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg

3. SUMMER — I participated in Boomtown Summer School, that was held during the summer holidays. Worked at Rock Werchter with Mon Tattoo and gave myself a fun fake sleeve. And saw the fabulous Queen B with Tine and Charlotte! First picture from Robbert Liekens

doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
4. FURRY FRIENDS — Saved two cute souls and named them Sushi and Fluffy, haha. Wished they stayed little forever!

doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
doris dave, daily, amsterdam, berlin, hamburg
Also a big shout out to my mom, my cinema buddy (we go once a week to the movies, haha), REC academy and KASK for the opportunity to share my knowledge to students, my little sister for taking stupid pictures of me and make me laugh ALL the time, all of my friends for being there… AND SO ON! I could go on and on. Let's all reflect and give love to some beautiful moments, instead of focusing on the negative. Voila! I'd love to hear some unforgettable 2016 moments from you! Please share!

So Happy New Year everyone and let's create an amazing 2017! I'll come back with some resolutionsss. Kisses!

6 comments:

  1. I love reflective posts like these, happy new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! So I had to post one too! Thanks Eloise :)
      Happy New Year! xo

      Delete
  2. What a great post! Seems like you've had a year with lots of fun and great learning. Love that you have started blogging again btw :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anette, yes it was a great year!
      And happy to be back here :)! Hugs

      Delete
  3. Happy new Year! Hope your 2017 is wonderful <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year Izzy! Same goes to you dear! <3

      Delete